Cosmetology Career Overview
Get the info you need in order to decide if a career in hair or skin care is right for you.
A career in skin care, hair care or cosmetology is the perfect choice for those who have both a flair for style and a passion for helping people feel great.
What You’ll Do in Careers in Cosmetology
- Consult with clients to assess their wishes
- Provide clients with a relaxing atmosphere
- Cleanse and revitalize skin
- Identify skin and hair types and recommend treatment or care
- Keep up-to-date on latest products and styles
- Maintain cleanliness, health and safety
- Keep your own appearance looking professional and groomed
If you’ve ever experienced the perfect haircut or a rejuvenating facial, you know what a difference it makes in how you feel about yourself. Professional estheticians or cosmetologists have the power to take someone’s bad day and turn it into a great one. If you’re someone who understands the mood-lifting effect of a makeover or great new hairdo, a career in hair and skin care might be perfect for you.
|you are…||you should have…|
|Attentive||A sense of style|
|Respectful||Excellent attention to detail|
|Well-groomed||Knowledge of current trends|
|Supportive||An ability to solve problems creatively|
|Calm under pressure||A soothing nature|
|Organized||An ability to help people relax|
|Dependable||A desire to help people|
Find a Cosmetology School
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll connect you with schools that offer Cosmetology programs.