Holistic Health Practitioner Schools and Careers Guide
Learn About Holistic Health Practitioner Careers and Education
"Avoid nostrums and patent medicines. The habitual use of any drug is harmful. The most eminent physicians are now agreed that very few drugs have any real curative value. The essential thing is right habits of life."
~John Harvey Kellogg
Holistic health has been used for thousands of years in ancient healing practices and is just beginning to be recognized in mainstream medical practice as a broad view of patient care. The belief is that people are a collected whole, being affected by both the physical and mental aspects of life, and each of these areas shapes who a person is and, inadvertently, affects their health.
According to The Holistic Network, the philosophy of holistic health states that the practitioner must only use safe methods of diagnosis and treatment while emphasizing the care of the whole person, including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects. Almost all forms of natural health care generally adhere to this basic definition.
A Bright Future for Holistic Health Practitioners
Today is a great time to become a holistic health practitioner because of alternative medicine's wellness boom and the demand for qualified holistic health professionals. Holistic health therapy may combine aspects of massage therapy, nutritional counseling, herbology, reflexology, acupressure, yoga, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and polarity in client treatment—basically any natural health modality that can help the client reach optimal health. Other holistic health practitioners tend to emphasize the bodywork aspect of the profession, while others choose to act more as counselors or teachers.
If you are interested in becoming a holistic health practitioner, you can gain insight into this intriguing profession by reading the following career-related articles to help you decide whether holistic health is nourishing for your career's future.
- Holistic Health Practitioner Careers and Training – Get a career overview of the holistic health practitioner, as well as education, certification, career outlook and salary information.
- Holistic Health Education Courses – Learn about the main areas of study in holistic health therapy, and discover the types of courses you will need to take in holistic health school.
- Holistic Health Careers and Wellness Boom – Learn how holistic health is beginning to be integrated into Western medicine and about the current demand for holistic health professionals.
- The History of Holistic Health – Go back in time and discover the roots of holistic health and how this natural healing practice has helped human civilizations since the 6th century B.C.
The Holistic Health Lifestyle
Being a holistic health practitioner is not only a career, it's a lifestyle. So if you enjoy the natural healing arts, holistic health may be just the profession for you. Begin your journey to helping clients reach improved health and well-being, and find the holistic health school that's right for you.
Related Natural Health Articles
- Herbal Medicine Schools and Careers
- Ayurveda Schools and Careers
- Careers in Homeopathy
- Becoming a Doula
- Learn About Energy Healing Careers
- Careers in Reflexology
- All About Naturopathic Medicine
- Tips for Running a Successful Massage Business
- Glossary of Massage Therapy Career Terms
- Career Paths in Yoga