Chiropractic School and Career Guide
Get Information on Chiropractic Careers and Becoming a Chiropractor
Chiropractic medicine provides an all-natural technique for adjusting the misalignment of the vertebrae. Many people have turned to chiropractic medicine as an alternative treatment for sports, whip-lash and other related injuries, giving this form of medicine a very promising career outlook.
Chiropractic School and Career Information
- Chiropractor Education – Learn what to expect in chiropractic school. This article discusses chiropractic school prerequisites, typical chiropractic school programs, the average length of chiropractic study and the average chiropractic school tuition. Learn whether chiropractic school and spreading health and wellness are right for you!
- Chiropractic Career, School, Licensure and Salary Information – Get insight into chiropractic school and education and learn all about professional chiropractic licensure in the U.S. and Canada. Learn about the chiropractor salary and why today is a great time to invest in a chiropractor school education.
- Interview with a Professional Chiropractor – Dr. James Wiley, a licensed chiropractor for the past five years, discusses his journey into the chiropractor profession and provides a glimpse into the chiropractic clientele, chiropractic schedule and versatile chiropractor work settings. He also discusses daily rewards and frustrations he has experienced in the chiropractic profession.
- Interview with a Chiropractic Professor – Chiropractic professor, Dr. Donald Christy, discusses why chiropractic stands among the top professions to enter. He also discusses chiropractic schools and education and his experience in the chiropractic industry.
- Evolution of the Chiropractic Career – Discover how the chiropractic profession's roots can be traced back to Hippocrates and why the profession has evolved into the successful practice it has become today. Gain insight into chiropractic careers in the 2000's and why holistic adjustments have stood the test of time.
The Definition of Chiropractic and Chiropractic Careers
Chiropractic focuses on the relationship between the spinal column and the nervous system. Through spinal adjustments, chiropractic doctors alleviate problems caused by the misalignment of the vertebrae. Doctor's of Chiropractic (DCs) do not use surgery or drugs in their practice, but they may also incorporate many other natural therapies besides spinal manipulation:
- Craniosacral therapy
- Proper nutrition through herbal or vitamin supplements
Chiropractic School and Career History
D.D. Palmer (1845-1913) founded the first chiropractic college in Davenport, Iowa. Today, there are sixteen chiropractic schools and colleges recognized by the Council on Chiropractic Education. More than 50,000 DCs are licensed in the U.S. and make up the largest single body of natural health practitioners.
Chiropractic School Financial Aid
Traditional financial aid is available at all the U.S. chiropractic schools and colleges including most applicable state and federal programs such as the Stafford Loans. The Canadian chiropractic schools and colleges participate in Canadian student loan programs. Many chiropractic schools also offer scholarships funded by private endowments.
Sources: Educational & Career Opportunities in Alternative Medicine; JobEmploymentGuide.com
Search our directory and find more: Massage Therapy Schools, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, and more.