Chiropractic Career Overview
Thinking of a career as a chiropractor? See if you’re a good fit for a career in this thriving wellness industry.
Although chiropractors only work on a select area of the body, they focus their practice on patients’ overall health. They fall under the holistic medicine umbrella because they don’t use surgery or medicine to treat patients. Instead, their treatments are natural and focus on a variety of lifestyle factors, like exercise and nutrition.
What You’ll Do
- Treat patients for neck and back pain by manually adjusting the spine
- Advocate health and wellness practices to patients
- Suggest techniques to promote better sleep, nutrition and exercise habits
- Perform examinations and order lab tests
- Use a variety of items in treatment, including massage, heat therapy and water
- Maintain records of patients’ medical histories
- Review x-rays
Becoming a chiropractor requires a serious commitment to education as they need a advanced degree to practice. If you’re interested in entering the medical field and using a holistic approach, consider a career as a chiropractor. Take a look at the personality traits a chiropractor should have and see if this is the career for you.
|you are…||you should have…|
|Comfortable working with people||Excellent interpersonal skills|
|Physically fit||High ethical standards|
|An active learner||Excellent attention to detail|
|Organized||Critical thinking skills|
|A clear communicator||Good communication skills|
|Sympathetic||Excellent decision-making skills|
|A good listener||Good initiative skills|
Find a Chiropractic School
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll connect you with schools that offer Chiropractic programs.